Saikley Architects offers a variety of services tailored to our clients’ needs.
- Interior design
- Landscape design
- Furniture, furnishing and equipment specifications
- Childcare design and consultation
- Pre-purchase property evaluations
- Evaluation of potential building sites
- Site selection and planning
- Feasibility studies
- Community and master planning
- Public workshop facilitation
- Neighborhood outreach
- Comprehensive construction documents
- Entitlements including special approvals
- Sustainability and resiliency consulting
- Design of high-performance green homes
- LEED consulting and documentation
- Accessibility / ADA consulting
- Historic preservation, renovation, restoration and adaptive reuse
- Construction administration
- Post-occupancy review
- Expert testimony
- Presentation graphics, including 3D computer-generated models, pencil sketches, and watercolor renderings
- Preliminary Consultation
Our initial discussion of your project.
- Proposal and Contract
Write a proposal for services, which becomes the project contract.
- Existing Conditions
Review property documents and permit history, obtain a site survey as needed, create as-built drawings, and analyze site.
- Assemble Team
Assemble the team of engineers and other consultants needed for the project.
Investigate client’s objectives, strategize design responses, and develop a scope of work.
Evaluate cost/benefit of design options in conjunction with budget, schedule, codes, approvability, and construction opportunities.
- Master Planning
Create an overall plan for developing the project site over time, as needed for multi-phased projects.
- Schematic Design
Collaborate with client and project consultants to produce design drawings showing options. These develop through several iterations with the client.
- Design Development
Develop the building and site design in detail. Work out design details and building systems in coordination with consultants.
- Contract Documents
Produce drawings and written specifications for permit, construction bid, and construction.
Coordinate with government agencies to obtain permits. Coordination begins in the Feasibility phase and continues throughout the project.
- Bidding and Negotiation
Interview contractors, coordinate bids, and help the client negotiate a construction contract. This process often begins in Schematic Design.
- Construction Administration
Guide the project through construction. Site visits, additional information to the contractor, coordination among all parties.